Assist with guest arrival/ departure and ensure the accommodation is ready for their stay.
Start date: Early December 2019
Below is a brief description of what you would be doing on a day to day basis. This is not a comprehensive list, but it is what you would generally be doing:
- Collecting each guest from the bus drop-off point (or similar transfer drop-off location) and transferring them to their accommodation.
- Dropping-off departing guests from their accommodation to the Welcome Center in a friendly and professional manner.
- Taking care of guest luggage at departing time or during room-moves.
- Make sure the lobbies of our condominiums are clean and filled with the proper information and take necessary measures to make the lobby comply with our standards.
- Manage the Niseko Central car pool (fuel, damage, cleanliness).
- Manage guest car parking at properties.
- Collect Lift Passes.
Preparing rooms for the guests arriving that day:
- Checking the cleaning has been completed to Niseko Central standards (by our cleaning contractor).
- Checking the bed configuration is as the guest has requested.
- Checking all facilities provided to the guest are present and correct.
- Checking the utilities within the accommodation operate as they should.
- Reporting any defects to the office.
- Taking any luggage that the guest has sent forward to their rooms.
- ¥1,200 per hour (based on 2018/19 season rates, subject to change)
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above prescribed working hours
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am
- Early December 2019 to end of March 2020. Dates to be confirmed closer to the season.
- We start our staff with training to give you all you need to know about working for Niseko Central!
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week
- This is likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during the start and ends of the season
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples), to hexa shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Most companies will give their staff access to shared Grand Hirafu passes; these are usually kept at work so it may stop you getting first lifts on powder days. Shared passes also cannot be upgraded to All Mountain passes (unless everyone sharing the pass agrees to it). Working for Niseko Central means your pass can live in your riding jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay the difference to upgrade to an All Mountain pass.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass you will be offered instead a payment of ¥20,000.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price on Niseko Central -delivered Services
- Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties, GoSnow lessons and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent)
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Niseko Central will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).