As the company’s representative and first point of contact, provide efficient and professional customer service to Niseko Central Guests, owners and visitors. Assist our Guests with anything from booking restaurants to accepting payment for accommodation. Japanese and English speaking is a strong advantage.
Start date: 18 November 2019
Below is a brief description of what you would be doing on a day to day basis. This is not a comprehensive list, but it is what you would generally be doing:
- Responding to all emails and enquiries (from restaurant bookings to generating confirmation) in a timely manner
- Direct all incoming calls to the appropriate department and team member by responding in a professional manner
- Prepare for daily operation of the front desk by completing tasks on the daily checklist
Payment and transactions;
- Reviewing the all recorded charges to ensure all Guests’ accounts are accurate
- Handling daily payment transaction by receiving cash or charging credit card and record all transactions in our Content Management Software
- Update currency exchange rate and in charge of foreign currency exchange transactions
Support Guest Services team;
- Direct all issues to the appropriate department (Cleaning Services, Maintenance, Tour Desk, Duty Manager) or team member by identifying the problem and its level of urgency
- Support the Tour Desk by making telephone bookings as required
- Contacting the guests and agents for arrival information to ensure smooth check-ins
Check-ins/outs and data entry
- Handling check-ins and outs in our Content Management Software
- Processing the guest’s information in our Content Management Software
- ¥1,300 - ¥1,450 per hour (commensurate with experience and Japanese language ability).
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above prescribed working hours
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am
- 18 November 2019 to 31 March 2020.
- We start our staff with training to give you all you need to know about working for Niseko Central!
- Guaranteed work until end of contract, with the potential to extend pending work availability
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week
- This is likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during the start and ends of the season
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples), to hexa shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Most companies will give their staff access to shared Grand Hirafu passes; these are usually kept at work so it may stop you getting first lifts on powder days. Shared passes also cannot be upgraded to All Mountain passes (unless everyone sharing the pass agrees to it). Working for Niseko Central means your pass can live in your riding jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay the difference to upgrade to an All Mountain pass.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass you will be offered instead a payment of ¥20,000.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price on Niseko Central -delivered Services
- Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties, GoSnow lessons and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent)
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Niseko Central will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).