With international travel on hiatus for the most part, the Niseko-Hirafu resort is expecting a much quieter winter for 2020-21. Here are a few of the main changes that you may want to keep in mind if you will be staying with us this winter.
Please note that the situation is evolving constantly and the information below may change without notice. For the latest details, please do not hesitate to email or call us.
Grand Hirafu Resort Operations
- The resort shuttle (Grand Shuttle) will not be operating. Please note that the only transportation option to and from ski lifts will be either by your own car or on foot. The Niseko United Shuttle and the Hanazono Shuttle will still be available.
- Some lifts will not be operating this year, including Ace 1 Pair, Ace 3 Pair, Ace 4 Pair, King 1 Pair and King 2 Quad. Please note that most of these lifts serve beginner areas in the lower mountain or are usually used as "back up" lifts.
- Night skiing will only be available on the Ace Quad Lift side (Dot Base side). The Family Lift will only have night skiing on weekends and ohlidays. No night skiing is available on the Hirafu gondola side.
- The Free Ride Terrain Park and the Spring Terrain Park will not be opening.
- Some of the on-mountain restaurants will not be operating.
- Most events, including the Christmas Fireworks and New Years Eve Fire Torch Relay will be cancelled.
Niseko Central Operations
- Complimentary pick ups will only be available for guests arriving at/departing from the Welcome Centre.
- Tour Desk/Concierge services will be reduced. For details on what we can assist you with, please see our Guest Services page.
- The Ski Valet hours will be changed to 8:00~11:00, 14:00~17:00 daily. Please note that the Ski Valet may be closed depending on Guest Occupancy. We will offer an alternative option for storing gear/getting to the lifts when the Ski Valet is closed.
- We are offering a self check-in option for all Guests to minimize person to person contact.
- There will be a smaller number of English speaking staff.
- Some shops and restaurants in the village will not be operating this winter. For those that are open, hours may be irregular and they may close without notice.
- Airport transport as well as other suppliers will be operating at reduced capacities and offering limited service. We recommend checking transport options to and from the airport before booking your flight.
- Most places in the village will have COVID-19 prevention protocols in place; please ensure you are wearing a mask in public places and sanitizing/washing your hands regularly.