The Guest Services Supervisor leads the Team and acts as the Manager on Duty to ensure all aspects of the hotel operation are looked after.
Start date: 30 October, 2023
The Guest Services Supervisor is in charge of overseeing the Guest Services Team to ensure that all aspects of the day is run smoothly, and all arriving, departing, and in-house Guests are looked after. You will have a mix of early and late shifts that will allow you to have plenty of riding time while working in a professional environment with coworkers and Guests from all over the world.
The main duties of the GS Supervisor includes but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all rooms are cleaned and prepared in time for Guest arrival and inspected after Guest departure.
- Assigning Guest pick ups and drop offs to staff and making arrangements for luggage pick up and drop off where needed.
- Ensuring that all Guests have been run through the in room check-in and all necessary documents and information received.
- Preparing the final bill for Guests and ensuring all Guest folios are balanced at the end of the stay.
- Handling any escalated Guest issues and complaints and working to find a satisfactory solution.
- Assisting with daily duties such as guest pick ups, phone calls, emails, etc when needed.
- Professional and respectful.
- Flexible and positive.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to lead a team of staff from various backgrounds to reach a common goal.
- Eligible for an international driver's permit or hold a Japanese driver's license.
- Previous experience in a supervisory position in a hotel/resort environment is highly valued.
- ¥1,800 - ¥1,900 per hour.
- 25% overtime allownace for hours worked above the prescribed working hours for the month.
- 25% late night allowance for work between 10pm and 5am.
- 30 Oct, 2023 - 2 Apr, 2024
- Paid training at the start of the season.
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week with a mix of early and late shifts to give you a chance to go riding and enjoy the nightlife.
- Hours will vary through the season depending on business levels with less hours at the start and end of the season (more riding time!) and occasional overtime during peak periods.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season pass with an option of upgrading to All Mountain at an additional cost.
- If you do not need a pass, you will be offered a bonus payment of ¥20,000.
Travel Support Bonus
- ¥30,000 travel cost support bonus upon contract completion.
Subsidised Accommodation and Staff Shuttle
- Subsidised staff accommodation available in Hirafu starting from ¥5,000 per month quad share, ¥15,000 twin share (or double for couples) with all utilities, basic supplies and WiFi included.
- Free Staff shuttle available to Kutchan Town for shopping.
Free Ski & Snowboard Lessons
- Great for first-timers and beginners - free ski/snowboard group lessons with GoSnow (dependent on availability.)
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts on stays, restaurants, rentals, massages and more with HTM operated businesses.
Future opportunities in Niseko with the company
- For the best performing seasonal staff, we will want you back and can potentially sponsor a working visa for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria). Full-time career options are also available.