Our Night Operations team prepares for the next day of operations and handles anything that happens overnight.
Start date: 22 November, 2023
The Night Operations staff is in charge of making sure everything is looked after while our Front Desk is closed overnight. Working overnight means that you will have the chance to get first tracks every day of the week but also means you will be working independently with added responsibilities.
The duties of the Night Ops staff include but are not limited to:
- Picking up and checking in Guests arriving after hours.
- Handling any issues and emergencies (with called-in support from management and Japanese-speaking staff) that occur through the night.
- Preparing various documents and paperwork for the next day.
- Running the night audit to ensure the finances for the day are in order and reconciling/reporting any issues.
- Ensuring that all properties are kept secure and in order overnight.
- Other tasks and errands as required.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Professional and respectful.
- Flexible and positive.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Able to work independently and with a sense of responsibility.
- Able to remain calm and make decisions when issues arise.
- Eligible for an international driver's permit or hold a Japanese driver's license.
- Experience working in overnight positions a plus.
- ¥1,625 - ¥1,750 per hour for hours worked 10pm~5am (includes 25% late night allowance.)
- ¥1,300 - ¥1,400 for hours worked outside 10pm~5am.
- 25% overtime allowance for hours worked above the prescribed working hours for the month.
- 22 Nov, 2023 - 2 Apr, 2024.
- Fully paid training at the start of the season.
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week. Shifts are generally from 10:30pm to 7:30am the next morning.
- Hours will vary through the season depending on business levels with less hours at the start and end of the season (more riding time!) and occasional overtime during peak periods.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season pass with an option of upgrading to All Mountain at an additional cost.
- If you do not need a pass, you will be offered a bonus payment of ¥20,000.
Travel Support Bonus
- ¥30,000 travel cost support bonus upon contract completion.
Subsidised Accommodation and Staff Shuttle
- Subsidised staff accommodation available in Hirafu starting from ¥5,000 per month quad share, ¥15,000 twin share (or double for couples) with all utilities, basic supplies and WiFi included.
- Free Staff shuttle available to Kutchan Town for shopping.
Free Ski & Snowboard Lessons
- Great for first-timers and beginners - free ski/snowboard group lessons with GoSnow (dependent on availability.)
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts on stays, restaurants, rentals, massages and more with HTM operated businesses.
Future opportunities in Niseko with the company
- For the best performing seasonal staff, we will want you back and can potentially sponsor a working visa for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria). Full-time career options are also available.