As the company’s representative and first point of contact, Front Desk staff provide efficient and professional customer service to Niseko Central Guests, owners and visitors. Bilingual Japanese and English speaking is a strong advantage.
Start date: Late November 2022
- Responding to emails and enquiries regarding stays in a timely manner.
- Direct all incoming calls to the appropriate department and team member by responding in a professional manner.
- Prepare for daily operation of the front desk by completing tasks on the daily checklist.
- Any other errands and tasks to support guests.
Payment and Transactions
- Reviewing all the charges to ensure all Guests’ accounts are accurate.
- Handling daily payment transaction by receiving cash or charging credit card and record all transactions on guest bookings.
Support Guest Services Team
- Direct all issues to the appropriate department (Housekeeping, Maintenance, Tour Desk, Duty Manager) or team member by identifying the problem and its level of urgency.
- Support the Tour Desk by making telephone bookings as required.
- Contacting the guests and agents for arrival information to ensure smooth check-ins.
Check-ins/outs and Data Entry
- Handling check-ins and outs in our Property Management System.
- Processing guest information in our Property Management System.
- ¥1,400 - ¥1,550 per hour
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above the prescribed working hours for the month.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Late November to late March. Exact dates to be announced closer to the season.
- We start our staff with training to give you all you need to know about working for Niseko Central.
- Potential to extend contract, availability of work dependent.
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week.
- This is likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during the start and ends of the season.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Opportunity to upgrade to an All Mountain season lift pass at a reduced rate.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass, you will be offered a bonus payment of ¥20,000.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples) and quad shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at Niseko Central, Ki Niseko and Skye Niseko and also all HTM services including Kumo Restaurant, An Dining, GoSnow lessons, YamaSport rentals and Ryko and Ki Spa.
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent).
Potential Visa Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Niseko Central will want you back and can potentially sponsor a working visa for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).