Guest hosts represent our first point of direct contact with our guests. It is up to our Guest Hosts to ensure that each guest is welcomed to the resort and they are provided any help they need to make the most of their holiday.
Start date: Late November 2022
Preparing rooms for the guests arriving that day:
- Checking the cleaning has been completed to Niseko Central standards.
- Checking the bed configuration is as the guest has requested.
- Checking the equipment within the accommodation operates as it should.
- Reporting any defects to the office.
- Taking any luggage that the guest has sent to their rooms.
Collecting guests from the bus drop-off point (or similar transfer drop-off location) on arrival and transferring them to their accommodation.
Running the guest through the in-room check-in.
Answering any questions the guest may have about the resort.
Referring the guest to the Tour Desk staff for more information on specific guest services that the guest can book.
Performing other tasks that facilitate the running of the day, including:
- Collecting the order of lift passes.
- Clearing snow from vehicles.
- Taking guests around resort as required.
- Various office duties, including replying to guest’s emails and taking phone calls where necessary.
Transporting guests from their accommodation to the bus drop-off point on departure.
Covering the Ski Valet when required.
Completing tasks as Room Inspector when cover is required.
Other general tasks and errands.
- ¥1,350 - ¥1,450 per hour
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above prescribed working hours for the month.
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Late November to late March. Exact dates to be announced closer to the season.
- We start our staff with training to give you all you need to know about working for Niseko Central.
- Potential to extend contract pending work availability.
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week.
- Likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during the start and end of the season.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Opportunity to upgrade to an All Mountain season lift pass at a reduced rate.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass, you will be offered a bonus payment of ¥20,000.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples) and quad shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at Niseko Central, Ki Niseko and Skye Niseko and also all HTM services including Kumo Restaurant, An Dining, GoSnow lessons, YamaSport rentals and Ryko and Ki Spa.
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent)
Potential Visa Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Niseko Central will want you back and can potentially sponsor a working visa for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).