Our Tour Desk staff use their knowledge to book the best services for guests, via email, over the phone and in person. They also check and confirm all previous bookings are booked correctly, and thus help ensure that that each guest has everything they need during their stay.
Start date: Early November 2019
Below is a brief description of what you would be doing on a day to day basis. This is not a comprehensive list, but it is what you would generally be doing:
Managing the guest services inbox
- Ensuring emails are on the right track to be answered by the right person
- Ensuring emails are answered within our standard response time
- Ensuring last minute bookings and enquires are expedited
Replying to guest services emails
- Gathering sufficient information from the guests to book the services they require
- Up-selling where possible to maximize guest services sales
- Managing guest expectations as to what they want and what is possible
Developing relations with suppliers
- Being in contact with our guest services suppliers on a day to day basis
- Checking availability, adding new bookings, modifying old bookings and making cancellations
Manning the Tour Desk
- Providing guests with information regarding any guest service they might want to book (support provided by Niseko Central website and booking procedures)
Using our Content Management Software to ensure all bookings are made and guests are charged correctly.
Performing some Guest Host duties, during sufficiently busy periods.
Completing the Tour Desk Checklist.
- ¥1,300 - ¥1,400 per hour (based on 2018-19 season rates, subject to change)
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above prescribed working hours
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am
- Early November 2019 to end of March 2020. Exact dates to be confirmed closer to the season.
- We start our staff with training to give you all you need to know about working for Niseko Central!
- Potential to extend contract, availability of work dependent
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week
- This is likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during the start and ends of the season
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples), to hexa shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Most companies will give their staff access to shared Grand Hirafu passes; these are usually kept at work so it may stop you getting first lifts on powder days. Shared passes also cannot be upgraded to All Mountain passes (unless everyone sharing the pass agrees to it). Working for Niseko Central means your pass can live in your riding jacket and gives you the opportunity to pay the difference to upgrade to an All Mountain pass.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass you will be offered instead a payment of ¥20,000.
- Receive your pay every 2 weeks.
- Most local employers pay monthly which can leave you eating into your savings at the start of the season.
Cost Price on Niseko Central -delivered Services
- Please see our website for more details on what we book, but this could include things like snowmobiling, back country tours, transfers and car rental.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at HTM managed properties, GoSnow lessons and SkyExpress Transfers. Have your friends and family experience Niseko at a discount price!
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent)
Potential Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Niseko Central will want you back and we would like to sponsor you for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).