Our Tour Desk staff use their knowledge to book the best services for guests, via email, over the phone and in person. They also check and confirm all previous bookings are booked correctly, and thus help ensure that that each guest has everything they need during their stay.
Start date: Mid-November 2022
Managing the Guest Services inbox
- Ensuring emails are on the right track to be answered by the right person.
- Ensuring emails are answered within our standard response time.
- Ensuring last minute bookings and enquires are expedited.
Replying to Emails
- Gathering sufficient information from the guests to book the services they require.
- Replying to emails using templates along with some free written text.
- Upselling where possible to maximize guest services sales.
- Managing guest expectations as to what they want and what is possible.
- Inputting information accurately to complete services bookings with various supplies.
- Being in contact with our guest services suppliers on a day to day basis.
- Checking availability, modifying old bookings and making cancellations.
- Double checking bookings to ensure everything is in order prior to guests arrival.
Performing some Guest Host and Front Desk duties during busy periods.
Completing the Tour Desk Checklist.
- ¥1,400 - ¥1,500 per hour
- 25% overtime rate for hours worked above prescribed working hours for the month
- 25% late night work rate for work between 10pm and 5am.
- Mid-November to late March. Exact dates to be announced closer to the season.
- We start our staff with training to give you all you need to know about working for Niseko Central.
- Potential to extend contract, availability of work dependent.
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week
- This is likely to be higher during peak season (including some weeks where you may be required to work 6 days) and a little quieter during the start and ends of the season
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season lift pass is offered.
- Opportunity to upgrade to an All Mountain season lift pass at a reduced rate.
- For those of you who do not require a lift pass, you will be offered a bonus payment of ¥20,000.
- Each of our accommodations is subsidised to bring you housing at an affordable price.
- Singles, twin shares (doubles for couples) and quad shares in a range of locations to suit a variety of budgets.
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts available on bookings made by staff at Niseko Central, Ki Niseko and Skye Niseko and also all HTM services including Kumo Restaurant, An Dining, GoSnow lessons, YamaSport rentals and Ryko and Ki Spa.
Free Ski or Snowboard Lessons & Workshops
- Free ski/snowboard group lessons & workshops (availability dependent)
Potential Visa Sponsorship in the Future
- For the best performing seasonal staff, Niseko Central will want you back and can potentially sponsor a working visa for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria).