Guest Hosts are the first point of direct contact with our Guests and always thick of the action to ensure each Guest is provided an amazing stay.
Start date: 22 November, 2023
The Guest Host are the ones in the action to ensure that all the Guests staying in our properties located across the village are looked after. You will have a mix of shifts that will allow you to have plenty of riding time while working in a professional environment with coworkers and Guests from all over the world.
The main duties of the Guest Host include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring rooms prior to Guest arrival to ensure they have been cleaned to standards and that everything is in working order.
- Meeting Guests upon arrival and taking them and their luggage to the accommodation for an in-room check-in.
- Dropping Guests and their luggage off at the bus terminal/their next accommodation after check-out.
- Attending to Guests at their accommodation to assist with any questions or issues they may have.
- Running other tasks and errands outside the office, such as picking up and dropping off items, snowclearing, etc.
- Supporting the Guest Services Team by assisting with other positions as needed.
The ideal candiate will be:
- Professional and respectful.
- Flexible and positive.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to work outdoors and do some minor physical work such as carrying luggage and snowclearing.
- Eligible for an international driver's permit or hold a Japanese driver's license.
- ¥1,400 - ¥1,500 per hour.
- 25% overtime allowance for hours worked above the prescribed working hours for the month.
- 25% late night allowance for work between 10pm and 5am.
- 22 Nov, 2023 - 3 Mar OR 2 Apr, 2024.
- Fully paid training at the start of the season.
- Generally 5 days per week, around 40 hours per week with a mix of shifts to give you a chance to go riding and enjoy the nightlife.
- Hours will vary through the season depending on business levels with less hours at the start and end of the season (more riding time!) and occasional overtime during peak periods.
- Your own Free Grand Hirafu season pass with an option of upgrading to All Mountain at an additional cost.
- If you do not need a pass, you will be offered a bonus payment of ¥30,000.
Travel Support Bonus
- ¥30,000 travel cost support bonus upon contract completion.
Subsidised Accommodation and Staff Shuttle
- Subsidised staff accommodation available in Hirafu starting from ¥5,000 per month quad share, ¥15,000 twin share (or double for couples) with all utilities, basic supplies and WiFi included.
- Free Staff shuttle available to Kutchan Town for shopping.
Free Ski & Snowboard Lessons
- Great for first-timers and beginners - free ski/snowboard group lessons with GoSnow (dependent on availability.)
Discounts on HTM's services
- Discounts on stays, restaurants, rentals, massages and more with HTM operated businesses.
Future opportunities in Niseko with the company
- For the best performing seasonal staff, we will want you back and can potentially sponsor a working visa for future seasons (provided you meet the sponsorship criteria). Full-time career options are also available.